Eric Blay is a commercial litigator with clients ranging from multinational corporations and privately held family businesses to entrepreneurs and individuals.
Balancing his clients’ legal position and their business goals, he proposes the most appropriate dispute resolution method for each case. He regularly appears before all levels of court and represents clients in various forums of alternative dispute resolution including mediation.
Eric provides legal advice and representation on a wide variety of complex corporate-commercial matters including shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, real estate and construction-related litigation, commercial leasing disputes, as well as asset and debt recovery.
In addition, he has experience in insurance defence matters including property damage, coverage disputes, and bodily injury. With a good understanding of insurers’ processes, Eric assists clients in navigating insurance disputes.
As a way of giving back to an organization that has equipped him with the tools to become the effective advocate he is today, Eric takes time out of his busy schedule to educate and mentor junior officers on military and professional matters in his capacity as Naval Warfare Officer and reservist with the Canadian Armed Forces.
He regularly publishes articles, providing insight and advice on litigation matters.
- Commercial Litigation,
- Insurance Defence,
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Arbitration & Mediation),
- Commercial Disputes,
- Commercial Tenancy Disputes,
- Contract Disputes,
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes,
- Financial, Mortgage and Title Fraud,
- Injunctive Remedies,
- Product Liability,
- Professional Liability and Negligence,
- Real Estate and Land Development Litigation,
- Risk Management
B.A. (Hons.), University of Western Ontario (2013)
J.D., University of Western Ontario (2017)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2018
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Member, The Advocates Society
- Naval Warfare Officer and Reservist, Canadian Armed Forces Naval Reserves
- Deans Honours List, Western University (2012-2013)