Our Business Law Practice maintains the highest standards of expertise, resulting in exemplary business legal advice and service on a wide range of corporate, commercial, and regulatory matters.
With a deep understanding of our clients’ business needs and challenges, we help them resolve their most complex legal issues. These include structuring local and global mergers and acquisitions, private equity, banking and finance, and corporate reorganizations and restructurings.
Drawing on our extensive knowledge and experience, we meet the day-to-day legal requirements of our clients with enthusiasm and creativity. We deliver not only world-class counsel and service, but world-class peace of mind.
We also assist our clients with a variety of general corporate and commercial matters, and regularly advise shareholders, directors and officers on corporate law and regulatory issues.
Our clients are domestic and international businesses in all sectors, ranging from owner-operated companies to multinational corporations. We also represent banks and other commercial lenders and advise foreign businesses on establishing operations in Canada.
- Banking and Finance,
- Business Structuring and Succession Planning,
- Commercial Agreements,
- Commercial Leasing,
- Corporate Finance,
- Corporate Governance,
- Corporate Reorganizations,
- Cross Border Transactions,
- Equipment Leasing,
- Family Business Succession,
- Franchise Law,
- Health Law,
- Intellectual Property,
- Joint Ventures,
- Licensing and Technology Transfers,
- Mergers and Acquisitions,
- Not-for-Profit and Charity Law,
- Partnership Agreements,
- Privacy Law,
- Secured and Unsecured Transactions,
- Shareholders Agreements,
- Administrative Dissolutions for Failure to File Annual Reports Is Returning
- Medicine Professional Corporations
- So You Want to Sublease Premises – Understanding Your Risks
- Ontario’s Not-for-Profit Legislation is Finally Coming into Force
- Canadian Corporate Law Updates for Trusts and Estates Practitioners
- Briggs & Stratton Acquires Equity in Accelerated Systems, Inc.
- Introducing Personal Real Estate Corporations
- Estate Planning for Business Owners
- Running a Business? You Should Have an Estate Plan: Part III – Corporations
- Running a Business? You Should Have an Estate Plan: Part II – Partnership
- Running a Business? You Should Have an Estate Plan: Part I – Sole Proprietorship
- ‘A NEW LEASE ON LIFE’ for Ontario Lessors of Personal Property
- New Record-keeping Requirements for Private Corporations under the Canada Business Corporations Act